- Kitching, Knut. (2016), “Smoke and the sound of gunshot: Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada” Elsewhere Journal, 3 (March).
- Ford, J.D.,…Kitching, K….et al. (2015) ‘Community-Based Adaptation Research in the Canadian Arctic’. WIREs Climate Change.
- Ford, J.D., … Kitching, K… et al. (2015) ‘The Questions that Keep us Awake at Night’: Research Reflections on Community-Based Adaptation Research. Global Environmental Change.
- Kitching, Knut “An extract from Re-enchanting (sub)urban North America” in Mud: Poems collected by Sam Edwards; 2015; Carpel Books; UK
- Kitching, Knut. (2012) ‘A New Green Revolution: A Review of Agricultural Reform in Sub-Saharan Africa.’ UBC Press: Trail Six- Undergraduate Journal of Geography, Vol. 6 (20011/2012)
- Kitching, Knut. (2010) ‘The Hunt: Changes in the Cultural Importance of Whales Amongst the Canadian Inuit between 1982-2008.’ UBC Press: Trail Six- Undergraduate Journal of Geography, Vol. 4 (2009/2010)
- Lectures given on current research at a variety of scholarly gatherings including ArcticNET Annual Scientific Meetings 2013-2015, IASSA 2014 Meeting
- Awarded ‘Best Presentation’ at McGill Environment Symposium 2013
- Teaching Assistant (responsible for lecture delivery, grading and student supervision variously) for a variety of undergraduate courses offered by McGill University Geography Department including:
- Geog 221 – Environment and Health
- Geog 302 – Environmental Management 1
- Geog 303 – Health Geography
- Geog 310 – Development and Livelihoods
- Ride. Camp. Repeat – 2:20min, 2016 – A short film about bikepacking by Skyler Des Roches, Dan Mattison and Knut Kitching, in association with Bikepacking.com (Honorable Mention, Best Indie Bikepacking Films of 2016)